NWS Yorktown, VA Housing and Relocation Information

    Housing Information
    The military provides two options for the use of your Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH). The first is living on base. Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off base.

    • The Housing Services Office  (757) 847-7806. Contact the HSO as soon as you know you are moving. You will be provided with the latest information on local housing as well as referral services and relocation assistance. They offer counseling and guidance before entering into a lease agreement and help resolve tenant-landlord disputes.

    NWS Yorktown On Post Housing

    • Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) can be reached at (757) 887-7625.

    • NWS Yorktown on-base housing is privatized and provided by Lincoln Military Housing (757) 802-3390, which offers 2-4 bedroom single family and duplex style homes in three neighborhoods for Enlisted personnel, and one neighborhood designated for Officers. Homes may include screened porch, fenced backyard, and attached garage or covered carport. The community features a basball field, swimming pool, picnic areas and more.

    NWS Yorktown, VA Off Base Housing

    Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the area.

    Buy A House

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Surrounding Areas
    Yorktown was one of the original villages built by Virginia's first European settlers and today is a tiny community of just 200 residents. It is a part of the Hampton Roads historical region made up of some of the state's most populated cities which include Newport News and Hampton, both within a 25 minute drive of base. Other convenient residential areas include Williamsburg, Seaford, Gloucester Point, and Hayes. Across the James River are the other Hampton Roads cities of Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake. These areas are more like an hour's drive south of Yorktown. Traffic is lighter around Yorktown, but Newport News and the larger cities to the south are known to have severely congested traffic, especially at rush hours, which can greatly influence travel times.

    About the Installation
    Naval Weapons Station Yorktown is a weapons and ammunition storage and loading facility for US Atlantic fleet ships. The technical requirements of the Navy have changed and grown over the years, and Naval Weapons Station Yorktown hosts 25 tenant units including the Navy Munitions Command, the Marine Corps Second Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team, the Naval Ophthalmic Support and Training Activity, and the Fleet Industrial Supply Center Detachment, to name a few. The tenant and station commands work together to provide ordnance logistics, technical, supply and related services to the Atlantic Fleet. Yorktown borders the cities of Newport News and Williamsburg, Virginia and sits on 14 miles of the York River shoreline.